Wolverine 3 update

Professor-X-Patrick-Stewart-Talks-Wolverine-3Wolverine 3 is already set to begin filming in early 2016, with Mangold, Jackman, and Patrick Stewart all on board for the new feature. In past films of the X-Men franchise, the relationship between Wolverine and Professor X has always bordered on a sort of familial intimacy.3.

In a recent interview with Collider, Jackman spoke as to the creative direction Wolverine 3 is taking. Although the script is only partially completed, the actor had plenty to say regarding Stewart’s importance in the new film, stating:

“Patrick does figure in it, that’s for sure. I think it’s a really important relationship, but I want to see signs of that quasi-father/son sort of relationship that has not been seen before, and sides of particularly Professor X that have not been seen before. So we have some really, really cool ideas.“

“The ultimate plan is let’s start shooting next year… I’m starting the training, I’m starting the eating and mentally really preparing for it. It’s not just me, [but] the studio as well, [and] I’m trying to do something with this that’s a little special, a little different. I’ve got a very, very strong idea of what that is. I really have known for quite a long time how I want to finish this sort of odyssey that I’ve been on, this amazing journey, and I won’t let it fall anywhere in between. I won’t fall short of it.“