I love horror movie, here are some of my favorites

I am an unashamed horror film fanatic, it is my life long obsession.   I have an insatiable hunger for the genre in all its incarnation, and while I do gravitate more strongly to some of the sub-genes more than others, for example;
I love serial killer films. (Some of my personal favorites include; SevenSilence of the LambsMr. Brooks,American Psycho, Bone Collector, Maniac (the 2012 limited released remake starring Elija Wood) , and “The Poughkeepsie Tapes”
which I consider a absolute masterpiece of lo-fi mokumnetary filmmaking. which was never actually theatrically release due to some of it’s more wonderfully  terrifying themes and content, inculding but not limited to physical and psychological abuse, sexual assult and aggrivated bodily torture, all protrayed in a gritty, cinimatically realist lo-fi method. (click here to check out the trailer)
poughkipsee tapes
I enjoy but generally have a less appeal for the typical gore/slasher films. With some exceptions The 2006 american horror classic Hatchet I consider to be one of the best horror/slasher films since the Golden Age of slasher films back in the 1980’s and 90’s. check out the clip to get a small “taste” of why:


Other great slasher films include Texas Chainsaw Massacre (the 2003 remake) Rob Zombie’s Halloween, Freddy vs Jason, Candyman, Midnight Meat Train, Hellraiser, the original Scream, Trick ‘r Treat, and the original Urban Legend and the underrated 2008 film Amusement.Amusement
But my favorite horror genre is unequivocally psychological/supernatural horror, specifically ghost and haunted house horror.

fragile





  My current all time favorite is FRAGILE (2005)fragile
followed closely by Grave Encounters (2011)
grave encounters


Other not-to-be-missed Ghost/Haunted house films include The Grudge, the original Paranormal Activity, Ghost Story (1982) Insidious chapters one and two, The Conjuring, The Blair Witch Project, The Ring (american franchise,) Mama (2013) The Orphanage (2007), The Others (2001), Shutter (2008), and V/H/S 2 and Sinister. (Which has probably the greatest horror film soundtrack ever