Will there be a Hellboy 3….?

hellboy-ii-ron-perlmanHere is what Perlman offered on the subject of Hellboy 3, while he was promoting Hand of God during the 2015 Television Critics Association press tour (hat tip /Film):
“Let me make the record clear. I don’t want to do Hellboy 3. It’s a pain in the ass to put that makeup on and take it off. But I feel we’re obligated to finish the story. That’s it. End of conversation.”
“I got no problems with forcing the conversation, as you can tell. We’re in the business of moving mountains. Those of us who are used to working in mainstream film and television. Don’t come to me with details and problems. Just tell me how we move the mountain.”
The budget necessary to realize del Toro’s vision for Hellboy 3 is the biggest obstacle preventing the project from moving forward, as del Toro has noted before. Perlman’s age is something of an issue too, though the 65-year old actor has jokingly (?) said that so long as he’s still breathing, he’s game to play Big Red one last time:
“Because del Toro says: Put the makeup on, you can shoot me in a wheelchair and I’ll still be Hellboy. I guess the only cutoff point is when they actually close the box. If you don’t see me get up and go, ‘Hang on, I was kidding,’ then I’m still ready.”